GO BEYOND PROPERTY NEEDS AND WANTS
Wednesday Sep 16th, 2020
When you shop for a new home, you’ll probably start by thinking about what you need in your next property. Your list might include a spacious kitchen; three bedrooms; and, a mature tree in the backyard.
Those are property features and, of course, they’re important. But finding your next dream home involves more than just property features. It also involves getting what you want from the surrounding area. After all, a home isn’t going to be enjoyable if commuting to work from your neighborhood is long and agonizing. So when you shop for a new home, also think about:
- Work. How will you get to work? Is public transit nearby?
- School. Where will your kids go to school? Is transit or bus service available? Will your kids be able to walk to school?
- Kids. Where will your kids play and hang out? Are there nearby playgrounds and parks?
- Neighbors. Do the local homeowners seem like the kind of people you’d like as neighbors?
- Shopping. Where will you do your weekly shopping?
- Hobbies. How far will you be from golf, theater, or other hobbies?
Post a comment